Questions & answers
for pub quizzes, team games, charity bakes & fun!
- What is the shape of a Financier cake supposed to resemble?
- What are the traditional colours of a Battenberg cake?
- What spice is used to flavour Parkin?
- What shape is a croquembouche?
- What are the decorative balls on top of a Simnel cake made of & what are they thought to represent?
- How many tiers did Queen Elizabeth II’s wedding cake have?
- What shape is a Bundt cake?
- What are the two main flavours of a Bakewell Tart?
- Which royal personage is said to have been keen on nibbling Maid of Honour cakes?
- What fruit is found in a Black Forest Gateau?
- What shape is a traditional Madeleine?
- What is the outside of a Lamington covered with?
- Which country is Panettone originally from?
- What is the name of the rich chocolate cake from Austria?
- What type of cake is a Yule Log made from?
- Which country is Pavlova originally from?
- And who or what is it named after?
- What is the top of a Dundee cake decorated with?
- Most sponge cake recipes include flour, butter, sugar & eggs. Which of these ingredients is not used in a Swiss Roll?
- Which country is Bara brith from?
- A gold bar
- Pink & yellow
- Made of marzipan & thought to represent the disciples of Jesus, less Judas.
- Round with a hole in the middle/ring
- Almond & raspberry
- Henry VIII
- Scallop shell
- Desiccated coconut
- Swiss Roll
- New Zealand
- Anna Pavlova, the Russian ballerina
Click on Cake Quiz for a PDF version of the questions.
Click on Cake Quiz Answers for a PDF version of the answers.